Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cowpens National Battlefield

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the National Parks Passport....but at most National Parks, you can get a stamp that resembles a postmark as a small souvenir. When I worked at Congaree National Park, I found a way to combine postmark collecting with National Park stamp collecting. I stamped a card with the park's stamp, and then had it sent to me from the post office that delivered the park's mail. I found this postcard at a coin and stamp shop. It was too perfect that I couldn't resist doing the same thing for Cowpens National Battlefield. Only this time, I had to mail the card first to Cowpens and ask them to then forward it to the post office. This was my first time attempting this and I'm happy to report that Cowpens graciously complied with my odd request. Here is the result.





No comments:

Post a Comment